Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Meet Miley

Well HELLO family and friends! Miss Miley Ann Hagg is finally here! This beautiful, healthy baby girl was born on June 30th at 1:07 am weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and was 20 inches long. It was an incredible experience that Wilson and I have been recovering from ever since!



Miley's birth story:

I labored off and on all day Friday but did not start regular intense contractions until about 8p.m. (that is when things got serious!). My goal was a natural child birth and I am happy to say that the goal was achieved! Man God is good. I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery. We labored at home for a little over two hours until contractions were 4 minutes apart for an hour. At that point I realized we needed to go to the hospital now!!! After the longest car ride of my life, we arrived at the Family Birth Center. They got me in a room quickly and checked me because I told them this baby was coming quick. I was 8cm dilated, almost totally effaced, and Miley's head was at +2 station (really low!). I labored only a short time before I started to push and once I started pushing Miley was out in 30 minutes! I am sooooo thankful for a quick delivery! I don't think I could have made it through a two hour pushing ordeal. Wilson was an amazing couch through out the whole process! I couldn't have gotten through it with out him! He got to cut the cord and we were able to bond with Miley in the room for about an hour. After that time, Wilson and Miley went off to the nursery where she got her first bath and was assessed. Miley swallowed quite a bit of fluid during birth because the bag of water around her had not totally broken and this was not known until she had her head out! So, we had to work with her a lot through out the day to get mucus out of her poor little lungs and tummy to help her develop a desire to eat. Miley was able to clear up her lungs and successfully breastfeed so we were able to come home Saturday night after 10p.m. (a little under 24 hours). We have been doing great but have been totally overwhelmed with the lack of sleep LOL! She slept away for the first 48 hours or so but after that point has been awake every hour or so! Needless to say we have not gotten much sleep the last few days! My milk did come in yesterday though and we were able to get her to sleep in two hour increments last night! Hopefully she will continue sleeping at least two hours. Wilson and I are some what functional today with a tad more sleep :) .

We really appreciate all the love, prayers, and support through this whole process. We have been enjoying staring and holding our precious Miley in our arms. Children are definitely a gift from God and we are so thankful for our little Miley! It seemed like she was never going to get here but she arrived in her perfect time.






















No comments:

Post a Comment