Sunday, April 1, 2012

Well, it has been a rough week in Mommyville. I ended up having to go to the hospital last Saturday while at work because I started having a lot of pelvic pressure among other issues. I went over to the Family Birth Center (FBC) and they monitored me all night and did a whole bunch of tests. It turns out that I was having contractions every 2-4 minutes for some reason unknown until about 10:30 at night. None of the tests that they ran showed any type of infection, cervical changes, amniotic fluid, etc. So, I went home with orders to return if contractions continued. I went home Sunday and slept all day only to awaken again to contractions. I went back to the hospital Sunday night and they did more tests and monitored my contractions all night which again were about 4 minutes apart. By morning the docs were talking to us about possibly starting meds and giving us medical options. It was a very scary experience because there were so many risks/benefits/side effects to consider, etc. We were about to make our decision when an answer to prayers came and the contractions slowed down. From that point on I have been on bedrest and have only had mild contractions/cramping here and there which seems to be improving every day that I am off my feet. God is good! Hopefully, the cramps/contractions stay at bay and pregnancy will go on. I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers and support so far. God is listening and we have already seen Him active in all of this. Baby Pea is doing great, ultrasounds have been positive, no cervical changes, etc. I am on bedrest until this Wed and then the situation will be re-evaluated. Will keep you all posted.

1 comment: